As a Qualiopi certified language training organisation, 1to1PROGRESS has been helping companies and their employees around the world to develop their language skills since 2010.
With more than 10 years of experience in professional distance learning, we have progressively removed the obstacles of digital technology, skillfully combined technology with people, and optimised our learning paths. Today we present 7 tips for finding the right balance between digital and human in language training.
The variety of media made possible by communication technologies is an obvious motivating factor in the acquisition of a foreign language.
However, we observe that the 100% digital approach has its limits. First and foremost, the dropout rate of learners and the difficulty of restoring their language skills in a real context. The digital players have discovered this to their cost: the role of the human being remains fundamental in order to engage participants, all the more so in distance learning.
For effective language training, the human and the digital must work together in a complementary and balanced way! Here are the 7 keys to finding the right balance:
1. There are many benefits of digital training: adaptation of content to the needs of the company and its employees, optimisation of learning time, accessible and transparent follow-up of results, flexibility, etc. Choose a Blended Learning course to take full advantage of the combination of these benefits, without compromising the user experience.
2. Distance learning cannot be improvised! A poorly thought-out course may lead to isolation, difficulty in restoring language skills in a real context, or worse, learners dropping out. Turn to an experienced provider, such as 1to1PROGRESS, which is capable of overcoming the risks of digital teaching.
3. Since the advent of digital education in the 2000s, many teaching techniques have been tried and tested. Flipped learning is a tried and tested method, ensuring that learners gain skills, autonomy and follow-up. In short: we recommend it!
4. Learners are not machines. That's why human support is crucial to the success of a distance learning course! Opt for a course that meets the needs of your employees: personalised support, motivating pedagogical follow-up and regular interaction.
5. Digital is not enough! Several human support roles ensure that the training runs smoothly. First, the advisor directs the company to the ideal formula. Secondly, the coach welcomes the employees and motivates them along the way. Finally, the trainer-evaluator ensures that skills are acquired.
6. Why not learn by and with your peers? Social learning is a rigorously effective solution for optimising skills acquisition, maintaining learner motivation and guaranteeing learner satisfaction. But only experienced providers such as 1to1PROGRESS succeed in building a healthy and successful community of learners.
7. Digital for people: this is how we think it should be seen!
Remember: one size does not fit all.
The right mix of digital and human elements is the key to flexible, personalised and professional training that is adapted to your specific needs... And successful!
Communicated by 1to1PROGRESS
Publié le 24 janvier 2022