On December 17th, 2019, IT One will organize the first ever IT Ladies Night, an evening dedicated to celebrate the contribution of Women to the IT Sector, highlighting their best initiatives and projects. Several local and international experts will take the stage to share their knowledge, before meeting during the networking cocktail and further discuss the topic, prior to the ceremony of the Luxembourg ICT Women Awards.
The IT Ladies Night aims at empowering women and highlight the challenges they take up within their companies, their main missions and their role in the constant development of the dynamic sector, but also at developing gender diversity and helping attracting young female talents in the ICT field.
The organizers will notably welcome Isabelle Collet, professor at the University of Geneva and author who specializes in gender studies, especially in the STEM fields. After graduating in computer science, she defended a PhD in education with a research paper called "The masculinization of computer science". She also published a book entitled "Does Information Technology has a sex?" (original French title: L'informatique a-t-elle un sexe ?").
Guylaine Gaudreau (Chief Human Resources Officer, Temenos) will also take the stage to discuss her journey but also to share best HR practices in order to develop the role of women in ICT companies. She is in charge of Temenos’ Diversity agenda, including the "Women At Temenos" program, which aims to empower and inspire female professionals.
Then, a round table discussion around the topic of Women in ICT will bring together Virginie Vast (Head of Vodafone Foundation Luxembourg), Jelena Matone (CISO, EIB), Marina Guerin Jabbour (Head of Digital Innovation Hub, Luxinnovation) and Isabelle Collet. It will be moderated by Marina Andrieu (Co-founder and Director, WIDE - Women In Digital Empowerment).
The Luxembourg ICT Women Awards
IT One has been recognizing best practices through the Luxembourg ICT Awards for more than 11 years. This year, with a special focus on Women, the newly-created Luxembourg ICT Women Awards will put the spotlight on best initiatives and latest projects lead by women. During the event, after the conference session and the networking cocktail, a grand total of 5 prizes will be distributed.
• "Young ICT Talent of the Year": this prize recognizes a young talent - less than 30 years old - for her contribution in an IT company, her commitment and her work.
• "ICT Business Developer of the Year": the award acknowledges a woman for her ability to follow up on clients’ IT requirements and needs. She has a very good sense of negotiation, she understands what is at stake for her company and is committed to satisfy at best her clients.
• "ICT Entrepreneur of the Year": it rewards a woman for her entrepreneurship spirit, her willingness to set up a project, a product dedicated to improve a facet of the ICT sector.
• "Technology Expert of the Year": this award recognizes an outstanding woman for an IT project led in her company, the setup of a new strategy, a collaboration that improved an aspect of the IT department she works in. She can occupy various positions including IT Manager, CIO, CISO, IT Director, etc.
• "Best corporate Initiative for Promoting the Role of Women in ICT": this prize rewards an initiative dedicated to raise awareness around the great role women plays in IT. It can be associated to an educative campaign, a themed event, a book launch etc.
Through this event, IT One and the entire ICT community wish to create an annual event where women active in the IT sector or working in an IT company can meet, network, collaborate and share their talents and ideas.
More information: www.itladiesnight.lu
Publié le 04 décembre 2019