Register on Luxembourg Lifelong Learning Center.
2-day training from October 20 to 21, from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm.
This seminar is aimed at anyone willing to build and reinforce assertiveness skills.
Here is the list of personal and professional development seminars.
For any further information, please send an email to formation@LLLC.lu or contact us by phone + 352 27 494 – 600.
This seminar aims to enable you to understand assertive behaviour and how it differs from aggressive and passive behaviour. Assertiveness is a journey, which requires engagement and practice. You will analyze what stops you from being assertive, gain knowledge and skills how to start changing it and respond in accordance with your inner needs and standards.
- Awareness Part :
- characteristics of different behaviours ;
- is our behaviour in certain circumstances automated ?
- conscious response versus automated reaction ;
- what is the assertive behaviour ?
- what are the benefits of assertive behaviour ?
- how can we recognize assertive behaviour ?
- what is the difference between being assertive and being arrogant ?
- what are the benefits of interacting with an assertive individual ?
- what are the benefits of communicating assertively ?
- the different types of aggressive communication behaviour ;
- disadvantages of aggressive behaviour ;
- body language and tone of the voice associated with behaviours ;
- workplace and assertiveness.
- Self-discovery Part :
- what stops me from being assertive ?
- consequences of unassertive behaviour ;
- how can I give myself the right to be assertive ?
- how can I voice my needs, dreams with inner confidence and respect towards others ?
- to what do I want to say No and how can I do it assertively ?
- how can I respond assertively when feeling pressure ?
- how can I respond assertively when facing aggressive individuals ?
- opening yourself to compliments ;
- opening yourself to the constructive negative feedback ;
- living with my own standards and agreement with myself.